bOok bUttErfLy

bOok bUttErfLy

It's All About Me!!!

My photo
I love reading books, A LOT. I also enjoy listening to music and watching various genres of movies.

onread.com

Onread
Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

BOOK REVIEW: The Lovely Bones

THE LOVELY BONES by: Alice Sebold


The Lovely Bones is a very lovely story. This book made me face, once again, the harsh realities of our mortality. I have known and had accepted a long time ago that we all are gonna die and there will be nothing left of us in this world but our memories, but I've always thought of dying in a natural way. In this book, the protagonist died anything but naturally. She was raped and was brutally murdered. Even so, it hasn't stop me from being drawn and absorbed into this book. This book, in a way, is "tragically beautiful." It's compelling and deeply moving. Only two other books made me both sad, happy and has undoubtedly brought my world upside down: Sophie's World and She's Come Undone. These three books are terrifyingly lovely.



No comments:

Post a Comment